(2016 - Present) Lead Pre-Sales Engineer (Enterprise and Channel) @ zipMoney
zipMoney is an ASX listed FinTech company that offers consumers with digital flexible payment options.
We align ourselves strategically with businesses to offer a number of Buy Now, Pay Later solutions that can help increase sales conversions and average order values.
We strive to be unlike others in the industry – we partner with businesses and customers alike to create transparent, responsible, and fairly priced consumer credit products and are here to do things very differently for a change.
To learn more please email me [email protected]
Accomplishments So Far
1. During FY2016 I have undertaken technical pre-sales, integrated and launched a number of major brands with zipMoney/zipPay - both in-store and online - Incl. Catch of the Day, Forever New, WebJet Exclusives, Adairs, Harris Farm, Cheap as Chips, PLE Computers, PC Casegear + Over 120 SMB and Mid Market Opportunties; with a very high collective turnover.
2. I lead the Enterprise and Channel / Strategic Partnerships function of the Sales Engineering team at zip (currently one direct report) and report to the executive level
3. I have re-engineered the technical pre-sales process from an adhoc function (with no documentation) to one with complete, detailed and explicit technical proposals and pre-sales presentations
4. I have participated in the early stage testing and roll-out of new API products
5. I have built developer playgrounds in PHP for both of our online APIs
6. Developed and currently executing a training programme for SMB team members; and mentor SMB, Mid-Market and Enterprise/Channel colleagues
(2014 - 2016) Pre-Sales Consultant @ PayPal
1. Led Major Enterprise and Channel Integration Efforts (Incl. Flight Centre, Quickbooks Online, AMF Bowling) and participated in early stage pre-sales efforts for a large number of major enterprise-level insurance, government, medical and other opportunities
2. Introduced and rolled out new mobile + web payment flow prototyping to the pre-sales teams (ie; easy process to create point and click prototypes of merchant's and partner's websites or apps with our payment flows and product marketing incorporated)
3. Participated in a PoC for wearable payment wristbands. Built PHP-based web service layer for performing payments and front-end JS application for on-boarding. Managed rollout and provided support at a major Australian music festival - Splendour in the Grass. Joint inventor on patent for the technology
4. Participated as mentor at Battlehack Hackerthon in Melbourne
5. Presented on latest advances in PayPal product suite to Magento specialists (invite only event)
6. Performed roll-play presentation (as Mario) to Quickbooks and PayPal SMB sales teams for Quickbooks Online Payments integration
7. Performed as a "Steve Jobs-esque" character in a team video competition (black turtle neck and all) on latest advances in payments - was referred to as Steve Jobs for quite a while after that by many people
(2011 - 2014) Senior Business Analyst (IT) @ GraysOnline
1. Led the Grays Group Business Analysis team (GraysOnline, GraysOutlet, GraysEscape, etc.) - having one direct report
2. Reported to the executive level (CIO)
3. Took an active role in architecting solutions - both independently and hand-in-hand with the Online Development Manager
4. Undertook requirements elicitation and analysis activities for a large number of major internal projects (Voucher + Gift Cards, PayPal Integration, SEO Strategies, Auction Enhancements, etc)
5. Product Owner for GraysOnline, GraysOutlet, GraysEscape
6. Played a key role in capturing requirements from various stakeholders across the business (at all levels) and external parties where required, translating them in to key deliverables, working with stakeholders to prioritise and deliver BAU and Major Projects
7. Managed Information Gathering, Analysis, Collation and Delivery every year for the Research & Development Tax Concession
(2009 - 2011) Business Analyst (IT) @ GraysOnline
1. Undertook requirements elicitation and analysis for a variety of major internal projects (The GraysOutlet Website, SEO Overhaul of the GraysOnline website, Implementation of Site Intelligence Analytics Platform, GST messaging across sites, integration with Alterian marketing data warehouse)
2. Project managed many of these same projects
3. Acted as a source of knowledge for multiple backoffice and customer-facing business systems (including documentation of this knowledge and making it easily accessible to others within the business)
4. Undertook UAT testing for many of the projects that I managed or participated in
(2008 - 2009) Graduate Programme (Project Manager - Sales) @ GraysOnline
1. Managed projects and accounts generating $8million for clients, over a 1.5 year period
2. Rebuilt support process of business development strategy that bought in > $100k / month
3. Introduced offshore resource to scale a support process for a major asset disposal project
4. Brought an archaic fax-marketing process in to the 21st century
5. Gained strong experience in analysing and cataloguing a wide range of industrial and commercial equipment for resale (manufacturing lines, graders, excavators, tractors, trucks, general business assets)
6. Was offered the opportunity to manage our offshore warehouse in China (however it fell through due to the Olympic Games at the time creating strict visa requirements)
7. Provided regular feedback to the CIO on product enhancements that I believed would be important - ultimately culminating with my moving across to the IT Team and beginning there as a Business Analyst.
(2004 - 2007) Bachelor of Medicinal Chemistry (Adv) (Hons) @ University of Wollongong
Activities and Societies: Toastmasters (executive committee), ChemSoc (Chemistry Society), Unimed
Achieved a Class 2.1 Honours in Research (HIV drug design and development using molecular modeling and synthesis).